Hmm … Bonnie tagged me for a meme. I’m not a particularly good meme-girl. One of two things happens with me and memes. One: I get them and then set them aside because I want to think about them and really put some energy into them. And then I promptly forget about them because of course I barely have time to get through my day, so anything that gets set aside is basically gone. Two: I am determined not to forget, and so I dash off an answer … only to realize later that I really had something completely different to say. And then there’s Two-A: I tag a string of people and then worry about whether or not they absolutely loathe memes.
But this one from Bonnie seems simple and harmless enough, so I’ll take the risk of dashing off an answer … I’m only tagging one person, though. Mopsy, if you’d go public, it would be you. Instead, poor Fox will have to bear up under the strain.
I’m calling this the Curriculum Vitae Meme:
What was I doing ten years ago?
Hmm … ten years ago … I was living in Park Slope, teaching a literacy class, teaching a Pre-GED class, studying Italian, writing a LOT, discovering Thai food, dating a playwright, dating a paramedic, dating an actor (not all at once and each for only about six seconds, but still …), taking a cabbie to Taxi and Limousine Court (yes, really), making chapbooks of my students’ writing, working for The New School’s Teaching Adult Literacy program (which is now, sadly, defunct), playing darts, going to the late-night open mic at ABC No Rio, spending too much money on body glitter …
What are five things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)
- go to goodbye lunch for the social work interns
- put together testing and registration packet for citizenship teacher
- fax Haila’s paperwork to her old high school
- clip the boys’ nails
- work on my timeline for Tuesday’s class
What are some snacks I enjoy?
- vanilla ice cream
What would I do if I were a billionaire?
- share my wealth with my family
- give generously to adult ed programs I’ve worked in and/or admired
- move to Jamaica
- buy a BIG floor loom
- go to Tonga
What are three of my bad habits?
- focusing on the big picture and missing details
- focusing on details and forgetting the big picture!
What are five places where you have lived?
- Rotterdam (upstate New York, not Holland, though I did visit that one years ago)
- New York City
What are five jobs I have had?
- customer service representative
- office manager/bookkeeper
- adjunct professor
- literacy teacher
- program director
Who do I want to tag for this meme?