- I managed to get myself down to Maryland for Thanksgiving despite sickness and other drama
- I got a seat to myself on the bus (heading down and heading home!) so I could ride comfortably
- My awful cold let up just enough to allow me to enjoy my time with my family
- Fox decided to stay for the whole weekend
- I got to eat lots of my mom’s über excellent apple pie
- I had the pleasure of cooking (my pretty darn good mac and cheese) for my family
- I had the surprise of a voicemail from AC wishing me a happy Thanksgiving
- I found this apartment and it has turned out to be just as wonderful as I thought it would be (maybe even more wonderful than I’d thought, as it comes with excellent neighbors!) — this goes back to last year, of course, but the finding happened after Thanksgiving, so …
- I got to see Mr. My New President elected
- I still have a job even as times get tougher and tougher all around
- I found out that we got an Educational Resources contract from the state
- My beautiful and clever nephew has had an excellent first semester of high school, getting lots of play as the only freshmen on the varisty football team
- I will have twisted hair again this week after having been too tired, too busy, too lazy and finally too sick to pull it off for the last longest
This list is getting silly. There are many, many things for me to be thankful for, even as I mourn the death of the Wal-Mart employee who was trampled by shoppers on Friday, even as we learn more horrific details of the attack on Mumbai, even as so many other things go on that are awful. It’s nice to have a chance to just relax for a weekend with people I love more than anything in the world and just be. I am thankful for that gift most of all.
So I’m not going to finish my NaNo novel by midnight tonight, so I’ve got work coming out my ears, so my cold is still holding on after more than a week … I’m feeling awfully content right now.