So, let’s see …
- More-work-than-I-thought-it-would-be final report for our ESOL grant? Check.
- Solid working draft of the GED proposal? Check.
- Headache big enough for five other heads? Check.
- Happy-smiley emails back and forth with a woman who’s been on my nerves for the last couple of days? Check.
- No time to relax between now and the middle of October? Check.
- Did I get to meet my newest upstairs neighbor last night, and was she the tiniest, most adorable baby I’ve met in a long time? Check.
- Do I get to hang out with a bunch of wonderfully smart women talking about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight? Check.
- Are my mom and Fox coming to New York for the weekend? Check.
- Will I get to see my so-close-and-yet-so-far-because-I-can-never-get-out-there-to-visit-them family on Saturday? Check.
- Ojos de Brujo’s “Todo Tiende” pulsing from the speakers in my office as I type this? Check.
Yeah, ok, so it all evens out in the end.